20070802

The solo capoeirista...

Got myself two capoeira videos many thanks to Aylwin. The video was in French after the ripping (I had to rip it cos my DVD player on the laptop kinda screwed up) so I didn't understand a thing the guy said in the video. But that wasn't a problem cos the actions and pictures were quite easy to understand. Anyway, before this I practiced only the ginga and some kicks on my own by watching videos from mazedude.com. I have all their videos by the way. It was compiled by Capoeira L.A. and I was really impressed by Amir Solsky (Parafina) in the videos. Was thinking that since I'm gonna be home alone for a month there'll be many things I can learn from the videos... The point being that I can practice capoeira in front of the video with no one around. Checked the first video out and the few parts in the beginning looks awesome. The warmups and stretches were quite impressive. Having some previous trainings in other martial arts disciplines, I have to say that I have never seen such stretches before. They were unique and I specifically designed for capoeiristas. From the DVD cover you can kinda see why. The kicks and leg spreads look really awesome. From what I've seen so far, the unavoidables I'll have to face: hamstring tears, skull cracks, delt fatigue and dislocated joints. I can't wait...

The objective.

3 comments:

Arth Akal said...

I always wanted to do this balancing act thingy. Looks really hard to do. I can't even to a handstand.

Joe Xavier said...

yeah... damn hard to do... but you should be able to learn easily.. being lean and all...

Anonymous said...

haiyyaaa...ini manyak sinang munyaaaa