20080629

Mr Miri 2008

Mr Miri 2008 Promotional Banner

I emceed the Mr Miri 2008 event held at the Boulevard Shopping Complex on Saturday. I was kinda nervous cos I've never emceed in Bahasa before and there were really strict rules governing what I can say and what I cannot say (part of the Malaysian Bodybuilding Federation requirements). So some parts of the event were really quiet.

Overall the organizers did a great job in making everything fall into place and the only downside was the immediate rescheduling of the program. There was a total of 27 contestants going for these categories: Junior, Masters, Fly weight, Bantam weight, Light weight, Light-middle weight, Middle weight and Light Heavy weight. There were only 17 contestants last year so this year, the number pretty much went up. The bodybuilders trained hard obviously and are getting ready to be in shape for Mr. Sarawak 2008 (which will be held in MIRI on the 12th of July 2008!).

With Eddie Chang from Limbang


With George Polo and Hasbollah


With the overall Champion of Champions, Saifulbahri

Will post up more pics once I get them from Darren and Vince. The event exhausted the fuck out of me but it was an awesome motivation for me to train now that I'm in the bulking phase. Now to focus on the upcoming fitness portal project and back to plenty of training!

6 comments:

Accyee said...

omg they're all so huge!

Joe Xavier said...

you're just... small..
:P

LadyVanity said...

awesome pics =) thanks for sharing!!

SYUKS said...

yeah.like lady vanity said..cool pics... when are you yourself competing ?? ha ha.. and how about emceeing in bahasa in pesta pantun ?? a challenge..ha ha

Joe Xavier said...

ladyvanity: no prob sis!

syukur: thanks! hahaha.. I think I'll skip that! Pantun is definitely something that isn't in the list of things to do before I die! hahaha...

Mysterious Witch said...

OWH...they sure scare me.. =.=

haha... :p