20080408

BIG!

BACK THEN vs NOW

Most of the time when I bring a new training partner, and bring them through the gruelling routine I do, I always get a comment about not being 'big and bulky like bodybuilders' but 'lean and ripped like models'. No one can be big and bulky without some kinda help and still, they've got to train really really hard and long to achieve that. Bodybuilders don't do 10 reps of 25lbs curls and grow huge ass arms overnight. They work their way up and let me just reassure you that its no fuckin walk in the park.

So yeah, fear not, and don't be afraid of training with weights. Same goes for ladies as well. To achieve huge bulky scary she-man looks, they trained very hard and unless you have the genetics of a Neanderthal, with a proper program, you will not end up like a bodybuilder as easily. Easily means after a couple of months.

For people who even BOTHER to worry about these kinda things, it's obvious that they do not train enough. People who actually train a lot know that these things just take a long time. And not just a long time. A fuckin long period full of proper nutrition, diet, training and supplements. Speaking of which, I do envy a lot of old school bodybuilders during Arnold's time. Arnold himself, Frank Zane, Serge Nubret... They were the best classics in my opinion. Bodybuilders nowadays are so full of chemicals I think they should be under a separated species. But they have trained a lot and that is something they've earned. So I gotta respect them for that.


Anyway, here's a motivational pic I always keep at the back of my head...

o m f g

No comments: