20070822

UFC 69: Shootout

Spent time watching past UFC fights. Latest one I completed was UFC 69.

Bouts highlights:

Luke Cummo vs Josh Haynes
The freak Cummo was taken for granted in this bout. Haynes just basically spent time trying to test the waters but Cummo did (surprisingly) a good job in countering and managed to put in some really effective punches. It was a little obvious that Haynes was caught off guard by many of the punches and in the end it was Cummo who owned the bout.


Kendall 'Da Spyder' Grove vs Alan Belcher
Kendall owned this match and I have been keeping an eye on this guy. Being from TUF 3, he was a playful guy who doesn't give a damn and would fight anyone. I have a high respect for this dude because despite his appearance, he packs a punch. This is how all fighters should be...


Diego Sanchez vs John Koscheck
Crap talk and a lot of action from Sanchez way before the bout happened. All this and the crowd (including myself) expected a hell ot of action and blood. Sanchez talked about dying in the Octagon if he has to, about how he believes that he is confident that he'll retire undefeated. Fuck that shit. Sanchez, with a record of 19 wins and zero losses, vs Koscheck with a record of 8 wins and 1 submission loss. The bout was boring and the crowd booed throughout the whole match and everyone was dissappointed to see the shit that was presented to them. Cowardice. I can understand why Koscheck was worried to go full out. Apparently, Sanchez falsely tested for Hepatitis C before the bout. If I were Koscheck, I wouldn't wanna risk finding it out with all his blood around the Octagon. Bout ended with Koscheck in control. 30-27. If I were Koscheck, I'd be happy just to shut Sanchez up. The darling thought Koscheck was cute... :D


Georges St-Pierre vs Matt Serra
One of the best fights. Georges St-Pierre pitted against Matt Hughes to win his Welterweight Championship in UFC 65 (I think) and I can see why. St-Pierre has great skills and I can easily put him in my top five best MMA fighters of all times. Matt Serra on the other hand is the challenger and fighting someone who has defeated Matt Hughes can be a big thing. I was vouching for St-Pierre to win but the 'Terra' Serra did a freakin TKO at 3:25 of the FIRST round! Many salutes to Matt Serra for being able to find the right moment to strike. It takes guts and its obvious that the 'Terra' Serra has it. Georges St-Pierre is still a great fighter and the reason he lost was just because of the tiny amount of misdirection.



Overall, I'd rate UFC 69 an 7 out of 10. The reason should be pretty obvious. Not much action... Gonna catch UFC 70 soon.

word.

No comments: