20090918

Locale travel...

Though it obviously can't be compared to international travel, the experience is somewhat, still rather foreign for me. Perhaps I need more exposure to our local culture.. I frequent Perak and fell in love with one of their local kick-ass drink. The effects of Toddy (Indian coconut liquor) are quite subtle, and the high comes gradually. Some may not like the fermented smell, but it's usually masked with a bit of good ol' Guiness Stout. I get knocked down pretty easily with this drink and it helps with sleep throughout the long drive back. Of course, I'm not the one driving.

Toddy, Devil's milk...


Then there was the Sibu trip. Never knew how cool the Pasar Malam's there were (heard from Bel that it rocked) until I checked them out. It's a mixture of all sorts of fantastic local foods. Was brought to try out Sibu's famous Kompia (meat bun) and Kampua noodles by a friend and I was hooked. Thing is, Sibu is just a freakin 6-hour drive away from Miri and yet they've got their own special thing goin on there.

The old man called it Yu Chong Gao...


Porcine reminds me of Texas back in Miri...


Fuckin delish local yummies...

word.

No comments: