20060401

Beyond the eyes of the believer...


I present you illusions that fool your mind. Not just your eyes.

"Yeah, cool. You have quick hands..."


I hate that. It makes people lost touch with what magic is all about. Amazement is lost. There's only the portrayal of a skillful guy with quick hands. Magicians can now be compared with hustlers, cheats, mechanics and almost never a mysterious entertainer. Everyone is dying to be impressed by what a magician can show them...

"Make me disappear..."

Magicians are not all about dissappearing things. Thiefs are.
Magicians are not about escaping cages or giant water tanks. Kidnappers are.
Magicians are not about sawing a lady in half. Executors are.

We just merely give you a visual insight of what it would look like without camera tricks and that these things are not impossible. I want to dispose expressions like, "How the hell can something just dissappear on its own without anyone taking it??" or "How can someone come back from the dead? It's beyond logic!".

Reality is dead. What is real? Real for one does not mean real for another. As a kid, I used to have imaginary friends. They were real to me. They were there whenever I needed them. Its like having a personal genie (I didn't need the bottle or lamp). Those who've encountered the third kind would call them real. Reality is just beyond the eyes of the believer...

The art of levitation. The powers of the mind goes beyond what anyone can imagine. It takes a lot of guts and dedication to actually achieve what I do. Definitely more than, "I want to learn magic. Teach me how to make things disappear!"

The question should be how far are you willing to go to learn it? How much time and effort do you put into wanting to learn the art? Its more than a hobby... It's a livelong commitment. Keeping the mind open and meditating to control emotions is part of the practice. A text message, a cough, a sneeze, a door opening...are easy distractions.

You say, "I just can't keep things out of my mind! I just can't focus!".

Take my hand and join me on a journey down the road called life.

Have you ever been insulted or verbally attacked? Of course. Who hasn't? Now, how do you turn deaf ears towards them? Look away? Think of other things? Ignorance is a mental diversion away from your current engagement. For me this mental diversion is part of the process of meditation. It provides you with the ability to force thoughts out of your mind and just keeping it in a limber state...

I call it the first step...

1 comment:

ahem` said...

Amazing.. I didn't know you changed place.. :)